Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Refreshing

When you think of the word "refreshing," what do you think of?  First thing I think of is a cool glass of water.  The way it hits my mouth and cools me all the way down my throat and into my stomach.  Sometimes, when the water is cold enough, it feels cool into my stomach.  It's just a good feeling.  Thirsty, then you're suddenly satisfied and quenched.  Well, I'm talking about the same only different...not literally thirsty for water and not literally quenched in body. 

The mind and soul and heart are all thirsty and in need of refreshment.  When we're all bogged down and take on all the cares without the time to get a reprieve, you become emotionally de-hydrated and it can even lead to other things that will definately do you harm.  I try to take every day individually and find something, even if it's the littlest thing, that will bring a smile to my face, a sweet memory to mind, a favorite song, the feeling of the sun hitting my face, not too warm, not too cool, just a soothing feeling that makes me feel like I'm really not alone in this world.  Sometimes, God sends us people along our way to make us feel welcome in this world too.  Grab a hold of the one little thing that will make you feel good and don't let it go.  It may be the one thing that gets you through the day or night.

I'm sitting here with Jim Brickman playing in the background, a hot cup of coffee with my favorite seasonal creamer and looking over at a lit candle that's filling my space with a wonderful aroma of pumpkin and spices.  Not the most exciting thing happening in the world, but in my world, it's A-okay!

Until the next blog, take time to not only see the beauty around you, but take it into yourself and let it soothe your soul.  You may be surprised to realize that something so very small can make a huge impact on your heart and mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment