Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall colors

I was able to away from the everyday hustle and bustle of my area and go to a rural small town where they had a harvest fest.  There were so many things for they eye to see!  Lots of crafty goods and live animals and, oh yes, there was funnel cake!  I saw live goats, baby pigs, miniature horses and lots and lots of people everywhere.  I enjoyed the homemade potato pockets filled with mashed potatoes.  YUM!

Getting around there is like getting around to all my favorites.  I visited a market that serves my favorite soup every Friday, stuffed green pepper soup.  I visited a surplus store and picked up a few things.  All in all, it was relaxing and very beautiful there.  The leaves were just beginning to change and all you could see along the mountain sides were trees with leaves just beginning to turn all shades of yellow, light green, red, coral, all beautiful hues of the most wonderful sunset.

There wasn't anything I missed that I wanted to do.  I hit every one of my favorite things to do, see, and eat and enjoyed every decadent moment!

Chloe waited at home for me.  I missed her a lot, but when I got home, she was waiting there with lots of licks and snuggles to share with me :)

Today, it's raining and the breeze coming in the house is still so refreshing despite the gray clouds and the raindrops pelting lightly over my head on the skylites.  Today is the kind of day that makes you want to curl in a cozy blanket and watch hallmark movies and drink spiced coffee on the sofa with your best friend.

While I sit here sharing, I look out the window and see the trees across the way already starting to change at the caps, Chloe laying on her favorite crocheted blankie sleeping peacefully, and I can hear the rain softly falling on the roof above my head.  It's a quiet symphony right outside my window as I watch the wind moving the trees from side to side in a sort of woodland waltz.  It's truly beautiful and peaceful where I sit.

The beginning of fall, my second favorite season!  Second to it's opposite, spring.  I guess I'm a sucker for colors!  I love the colors of the spring, the bright greens and yellows and how the flowers burst forth with blooming.  In the same regard, there's fall with its burned oranges, corals, rusts and the falling leaves and sweater weather.  Hot mulled cider and pumpkin patches and apple orchards for kids of all ages to enjoy.  I don't know which I love best, but I do know I love the feeling I get when the wind blows as it kisses my cheeks.

Don't forget to find the color in your day and remember to soak it in!

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors, too! Glad you had fun in PA :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep posting i really enjoy it... it makes me want to start one.. if i only had time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alex, how are you doing? I am now full-time student and part-time nursery staff. I really miss you. I hope you could visit us in the nursery sometimes. I follow you on twitter and I will be following your blog too.

    Cheers and blessings,
    Tess Yothers @life is beautiful

    ReplyDelete